* Successful Business Woman -- Through hard work with family and friends, Monica built a successful high-tech business, Montana Communications Network (MCN), which grew to become one of the biggest, Montana-based, internet service providers in the industry.
* Economic Development Trust Fund -- After listening to small business owners in communities across Montana, Monica sponsored and passed the Montana Economic Development Trust Fund. This fund provides a long-term, stable funding source that assists in economic development by creating good-paying jobs, and retaining and attracting business to Montana.
* Workforce Training -- Through bipartisan efforts, Monica sponsored and passed the Primary Sector Workforce Training Act which was created to attract more good-paying jobs to Montana by providing workforce training incentives for businesses that were relocating or expanding in the state. To date, hundreds of employees have been trained for good-paying jobs as a result of this program.
* Montana Main Street -- Monica sponsored this successful common sense, community driven approach to revitalizing traditional downtowns through historic preservation and economic revitalization. These communities have seen $18.3 billion reinvested in their Main Street communities as a result. Anaconda, Red Lodge, Polson, Stevensville, and Butte were chosen as the first pilot programs under Montana Main Street.
* Made in Montana -- Monica supported reinstating the Made in Montana program to assist Montana businesses in marketing their products.
* Committed to Economic Growth -- Monica is clearly committed to economic growth and business development in Montana. Her legislative work on these issues, her past role as a board member of the Big Sky Economic Development Authority, her legislative candidate endorsements by the Billings Chamber of Commerce, and her own business experience clearly demonstrate that commitment.