Today, Congresswoman Yvette D. Clarke released the following statement regarding the second Anniversary of the Affordable Care Act falls on March 23.
"It has only been two years since the Affordable Care Act was signed into law, but millions of Americans are already seeing lower costs and better coverage," Rep. Yvette D. Clarke stated. "This includes hundreds of thousands of people right here in the 11th Congressional District of the New York."
A new analysis prepared by the Minority staff of the House Energy and Commerce Committee provides estimates by congressional district of the number of people benefiting from the new law. The new analysis shows that the new health care law has already provided:
· 390 small businesses in the district received tax credits to help maintain or
expand health care coverage for their employees;
· 5,100 young adults in the district now have health insurance;
· 46,000 seniors in the district received Medicare preventive services without paying any co-pays, coinsurance, or deductibles;
· $2.5 million in public health grants have been given to community health centers, hospitals, doctors, and other healthcare providers in the district to improve the community's health.
· 23,000 children and 100,000 adults now have health insurance that covers preventive services without paying any co-pays, coinsurance, or deductibles.
"Two years ago, I was proud to cast my vote to expand health insurance coverage for 32 million Americans. This law continues to give Americans more choices and brings down health care costs for everyone. As the new benefits of the health care law continue to be implemented, I will continue to fight GOP efforts to repeal this critical law. Republican efforts to repeal reform will put the insurance companies back in charge and will lead to higher costs and reduced benefits for millions of Americans across the country," concluded Congresswoman Yvette D. Clarke.