U.S. Senator Chris Coons (D-Del.) today released the sixth installment of his "Correspondence from the Commute" video series, in which he replies to a sampling of constituents' letters with personalized video messages. Senator Coons recorded ten new video replies earlier this month on an Amtrak train from Wilmington to Washington.
"My office engages every day with Delawareans who call and write in on issues important to them," Senator Coons said. "The ideas and opinions of Delawareans are important to me, and it's my duty to keep them informed on all the work I do in the Senate. I enjoy hearing from folks of all ages who have a lot on their minds -- the economy, foreign policy, and environmental standards. I hope Delawareans will continue to share their thoughts with me, so we can continue this two-way dialogue."
Videos released today include replies to:
* Blake from Smyrna about gas prices and the Keystone XL piepline: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DNnwn0dBzU
* Carrie about veterans jobs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ToRbPQmVF0
* Ed from Selbyville about bipartisanship: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPQR1BMSN0g
* Eileen from Wilmington about contraception rule: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JbGq6P12AU
* Michael from Frankford about technical education: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=630_gpPIjcg
* Justin from Wilmington about Syria: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxuEr88uMmo
* Vicki from Newark about clean air standards: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfOT0Rfu7_M
* Latasha from Wilmington about LIHEAP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REbt_kwYjz4
* Paritosh from Newark about recycling: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Snn5eZ-JvP0
* Nikol from Wilmington about the PUPS Act: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP91gB6ZheI
In his "Correspondence from the Commute" series, Senator Coons records personalized video responses to constituent questions or comments selected from among the hundreds received by his office each week. The videos are posted publicly to Senator Coons' website and to his official YouTube channel at http://youtube.com/senatorchriscoons.
Watch as the Senator introduced the project in February 2011: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z0_UFtHcss
Delawareans are encouraged to express their opinions and submit questions for Senator Coons online at http://coons.senate.gov/contact/ or via mail to 127A Russell Senate Office Building, Washington, D.C. 20510.