* When President Obama took office, the U.S. was engaged in two wars and faced terrorist threats at home and abroad.
* President Obama has refocused our security priorities to concentrate on the most serious threats, promote our values, and improve our standing in the world.
* President Obama is committed to strengthening America's leadership by maintaining a strong military and staying true to our values and ideals.
* President Obama has fulfilled his promise to bring our soldiers home from Iraq responsibly and safely.
Taking the Fight to al-Qaeda
* President Obama has refocused on our efforts to defeat al-Qaeda in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
* More of al-Qaeda's senior leadership have been captured or killed in the last three years, including the group's leader, Osama bin Laden, than at any time since the 9/11 attacks.
* President Obama has begun to bring home our troops from Afghanistan as we transition to Afghan security and leadership.
Living Up to Our Values
President Obama has rejected policies that don't reflect American values, banning the use of torture and closing secret CIA detention facilities.
Standing Up for Those Who Serve
President Obama is committed to keeping the sacred trust we hold with members of our nation's military. The President has fought to expand and improve benefits for veterans and their families--from access to health care they need to the education and job opportunities they deserve when they return home. President Obama will always stand up for those who have served.
Reducing the Threat of Loose Nuclear Weapons
President Obama signed and passed the START Treaty with Russia, which will reduce the number of nuclear weapons deployed by Russia and the United States and allow the United States to resume inspection of Russian nuclear sites.
Ending the War in Iraq
President Obama has fulfilled his promise to bring our soldiers home responsibly and safely. More than 100,000 U.S. troops have already come home from Iraq, and the rest will be home by the end of 2011. Our combat mission in Iraq has ended and the Iraqi people have taken responsibility for the security of their country.