As the father of four children, each of whom was graduated from our public schools, Delegate Lee Ware understands the vital importance of parent-and-teacher cooperation in the creation and maintenance of outstanding schools. His wife,
Kathy, as a PTO leader, complemented this devotion for many years.
Like you, Lee Ware is a taxpayer. Like you, he understands that voters rightly expect state government to maximize the efficiency of the public purse--including in administering taxpayer dollars for education. This is why he champions strict fiscal discipline in state spending generally, and this is why he works to funnel
taxpayer dollars to the classroom. Lee Ware has helped engineer a 123% increase in state funds for Chesterfield Schools during his decade as our Delegate. For Powhatan Schools the increase has been 175%.
Attracting and retaining the best-qualified teachers, and ensuring that our children are given every opportunity to experience--and to excel--in the adventure of learning, are among his legislative priorities.
Named Virginia's "Outstanding Teacher on the Constitution' in an annual ceremony by the John Marshall Foundation, and the first public school teacher appointed to the State Board of Education, Lee Ware brings the unique experience of the classroom to the Capitol for his constituents. To him, education is both a personal career and a public commitment.
* For full state support of local schools' obligations
* For the highest academic standards - - and opportunities
* For merit pay for outstanding teachers
* For salaries sufficient to attract and retain the best teachers
* For rigorous academic standards
* For maintaining decision-making authority at the local level
* For proper benefits for all educational personnel
* For local control of the school-year calendar