On Saturday, October 22, Rep. Grace F. Napolitano hosted an immigration clinic at the Armenian Community Center in Montebello to help guide people through the immigration and naturalization process. More than 160 people met with immigration experts and representatives from federal agencies.
"America is a nation of immigrants," Napolitano said. "If you work hard, play by the rules, and successfully make it through the citizenship process, you can join the long line of Americans who immigrated here and helped make this country great."
The following service organizations provided help and guidance at the clinic:
· US Citizenship and Immigration Services
· 605 Citizenship Project
· County of Los Angeles Dept. of Consumer Affairs
· NALEO Educational Fund
· Neighborhood Legal Services
· Catholic Charities of Los Angeles
· Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles