"Our District has many wonderful natural resources including Lake Bistineau, Kisatchie National Forest, Caney Lake, Dorcheat and Bodcau Bayous" said Reynolds. 'I believe that it is important to manage and culture these resources to offer the best recreational and environmental opportunities for the citizens of our district and for our tourism industry."
- I am an advocate for responsible recreational use of our waterways and forests; for environmental protection, restoration, and management; and for smart, conservative harnessing of our natural resources to address every-day issues such as water useage, power and travel.
"I believe in biological solutions to tackle our recent environmental issues such as the Giant Salvinia, and would support additional research and implementation of sound methods to restore [Lake Bistineau] as a tourism and recreational destination."
- I would like to see more research conducted on environmentally sound methods to eradicate the Giant Salvinia that currently plagues this vital resource of ours.
- I would support implementation of sound methods to restore, in an environmentally safe process, Lake Bistineau as a tourism destination for District 10.
- I feel that short-term pain could end up in long-term gain if we stay the course and follow the research.
Preservation and Recreational Use of Dorcheat Bayou:
"Dorcheat Bayou, I feel, is one of our most precious resources for many reasons," he said. "I'm an advocate for options to utilize and promote Dorcheat as one of Louisiana's Scenic Byways that are also respectful to land owners, lift burdens of legalities and liabilities, and ensure the environmental health of the land, water and wildlife."
- I support the pursuit of options of ways to utilize and promote Dorcheat Bayou as one of Louisiana's Scenic Byways while remaining respectful to land owners, lifting burdens of legalities and liabilities, and ensuring the environmental health of the land, water and wildlife.