Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. announced today that he has signed a series of bills to help ensure the availability of clean drinking water to all Californians.
"Clean drinking water is a basic human right," said Governor Brown. "The bills I have signed today will help ensure that every Californian has access to clean and safe sources of water. Protecting the water we drink is an absolutely crucial duty of state government."
Following is a list of the bills signed by Governor Brown:
* AB 54 by Assemblymember Jose Solorio (D-Santa Ana) -- Drinking water.
* AB 938 by Assemblymember V. Manuel Pérez (D-Coachella) -- Public water systems.
* AB 983 by Assemblymember Henry Perea (D-Fresno) -- Safe Drinking Water State Revolving Fund.
* AB 1194 by Assemblymember Marty Block (D-San Diego) -- Drinking water.
* AB 1221 by Assemblymember Luis Alejo (D-Salinas) -- State Water Quality Control Fund: State Water Pollution Cleanup and Abatement Account.
* AB 1292 by Assemblymember Roger Hernandez (D-Baldwin Park) -- Safe Drinking Water State Revolving Fund: revenue bonds.
* SB 244 by Senator Lois Wolk (D-Davis) -- Local government: land use: general plan: disadvantaged unincorporated communities.