Prior to listing detailed Ag policy, let's first examine where James R. Comer stands on major non-agricultural issues:
* 100% Pro-life voting record and has always been endorsed by the KY Right to Life.
* strong defender of Second Amendment Rights and has always been endorsed by the NRA and Gun Owners of America.
* co-sponsored legislation which would require transparency in state governement [sic] spending and result in accountability to the taxpayers.
As Commissioner, James R. Comer will ensure that the Ky Department of Agriculture is transparent as well. On other issues, he...
* opposes government run healthcare and government bailouts.
* will protect and preserve agriculture's 50% share of the Tobacco Master Settlement Agreement.
* works closely with UK Cooperative Extension Service
And James R. Comer will work to:
* create and expand markets for Kentucky's agricultural products
* enhance rural economic development
* expand Kentucky's fledgling bio-fuels industry
* add value to Kentucky's existing farm products and producers
* develop support programs to help young farmers succeed
* support agriculture development programs for students, including support for 4-H, Future Farmers of America and related programs
* preserve and protect agriculture's 50 percent share of the Tobacco Master Settlement Agreement