Today, Governor Bobby Jindal announced that he has signed HB 639 by Rep. Mert Smiley -- part of the Governor's 2011 Legislative Package -- which abolishes 10 state boards.
Governor Jindal said, "This law continues on our progress to make government more efficient and better deliver critical services for our people."
This new law eliminates boards and commissions because the board or commission was never fully formed, or the board or commission is no longer serving the purpose for which it was created.
* Commission on Public Retirement
* Compensation Review Commission
* Emergency/Disaster Medicine Review Panel
* Louisiana Governor's Mansion Commission
* Hurricane Katrina Memorial Commission
* Louisiana Wetlands Conservation and Hurricane Protection Tourist Center Commission
* Small Business Entrepreneurship Commission
* Louisiana Technology Innovations Council
* Youth Enhanced Services Consortium
* Offshore Terminal Authority Board of Commissioners