* Mr. FILNER. Mr. Speaker, in September 2010, Operation Iraqi Freedom was renamed Operation New Dawn.
* To this effect, I introduced, H.R. 804, legislation that would ensure that military service in Operation New Dawn continues to be considered service in a theater of operations, for purposes of eligibility for veterans' hospital and nursing home care and medical services through the Department of Veterans Affairs.
* Our nation's brave men and women have fought together hand in hand in the war against terror, and many of them are experiencing multiple and extended deployments in support of Iraq and Afghanistan.
* When they return home, we must make certain that veterans would not be denied access to certain programs because of the way the law is currently written.
* I urge my colleagues to support this important legislation.