Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA), Vice Chair of the House Republican Conference, voted in favor of legislation today that would repeal the government takeover of health care.
"When the health care bill passed last year, it was a defining moment in a Congress that wasn't listening to the will of the American people," said Rep. McMorris Rodgers. "Never had a Congress worked so hard to do something so unpopular that was so damaging to our country. In the "Pledge to America,' House Republicans promised to repeal the Obama health care law. And through today's vote, we are keeping that promise."
In her House floor speech, Rep. McMorris Rodgers listed 10 reasons why the government takeover of health care is bad for America.
1) Destroys jobs at a time when we need jobs
2) Actually increases our health care costs
3) Increases government spending
4) Increases taxes on hard-working families and small businesses
5) Takes away our choice of physicians
6) Cuts Medicare for seniors. Good bye Medicare Advantage.
7) Threatens our world-class quality health care system
8) Adds to our already-growing budget deficit
9) Includes taxpayer funding for abortions
And there are many, many more.
"Let's start the process of repealing the current health care reform bill and replacing it with a bill that America wants and deserves," said Rep. McMorris Rodgers.
Earlier today, Rep. McMorris Rodgers discussed health care at the Republican Leadership press conference. She addressed the myth that repealing ObamaCare will increase the budget deficit. "Nothing could be further from the truth," she said.