* Worked to obtain federal funding for the 405 freeway northbound carpool lane project, which broke ground in May 2009.
* Sought funding for Metrolink's Sealed Corridor Program, touted as the most aggressive grade-crossing safely plan in the country.
* Backed the creation of the Orange line dedicated busway and addressed concerns about pedestrian safety within the route's immediate vicinity.
* Led the fight to limit aircraft noise at Burbank Airport.
* Strongly supported funding for North Hollywood subway line.
* Secured millions of dollars for transportation projects in the 2005 five-year reauthorization of the federal surface transportation bill.