* One of the leading advocates in Congress for strengthening the U.S.-Israel relationship.
* Supported the Iranian people in the free expression of their political beliefs.
* Authored and passed the Foreign Relations Authorization Act to bolster U.S. diplomacy and development goals by strengthening the State Department.
* Authored and passed the Pakistan Enduring Assistance and Cooperation Enhancement (PEACE) Act to authorize U.S. assistance to Pakistan.
* Introduced the Initiating Foreign Assistance Reform Act, legislation requiring the President to conduct a strategy to coordinate all U.S. foreign assistance programs.
* Received an A+ rating for his efforts to address the genocide in Darfur, and introduced a measure urging increased aid to the victims of the genocide.
* Demanded recognition of the Armenian Genocide as an original cosponsor of the Armenian Genocide Resolution.
* Worked to strengthen our international nuclear nonproliferation regime.