* Supported the American Clean Energy and Security Act, a landmark bill to increase green jobs, reduce American dependency on foreign oil, and fight global warming through a cap-and-trade system and a strong renewable energy standard. Collaborated with Chairman Waxman in authoring the bill's international affairs provisions to provide sufficient funding for international adaptation; reduce emissions from deforestation; deploy clean technology abroad; and coordinate activities of oversight agencies to minimize duplication and wasteful spending.
* Fought to strengthen and preserve the Endangered Species Act and cosponsored legislation to protect species from global warming, including polar bears, migratory birds, gray wolves, and sea otters.
* Supported "Cash-for-clunkers" legislation to allow people to trade in gas-guzzling vehicles and receive a tax credit to buy energy-efficient new vehicles.
* Supported the Omnibus Public Land Management Act, legislation to add millions of acres to federally-protected lands, including parts of the San Gabriel Mountains, the Eastern Sierra, and Sequoia and Kings Canyon Wilderness.
* Fought against an amendment to allow loaded guns in national parks.
* Repeatedly voted against oil drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR).
* Cosponsored the National Forest Roadless Area Conservation Act to ensure protection of wild forests by reinstating the Roadless Rule.
* Obtained federal funding in 2004 and 2005 for the Sun Valley Watershed, a project that will address the chronic flooding in the area and also create recreational spaces, aesthetics, and wildlife habitat.