Crime is an activity that can cause deep social and psychological scars. We must get serious about combating crime in South Carolina. Here are a few ideas:
* Habitual criminals should be punished severely and should be removed from society.
* Child abusers should suffer severe penalties and serve under conditions which fully prevent them from ever having access to children again.
* Criminal behaviors which are known to be predatory and repetitive must be permanently removed from the temptations upon which they prey.
* DUI penalties should be strengthened and made uniform.
* Judges must be held accountable by the public for the decisions that they make.
* Practicing attorneys should play absolutely no role in the selection of judges or the conditions under which they operate.
* Our state system of elected Coroners are accountable to no one in their routine, day to day operations. They should be replaced with a modern system of medical examiners that are an integral part of large city and county law enforcement.
Our criminal justice system has lost touch. It has become more responsive to special interests, offender leniency, and liberal judges than to the people it's supposed to protect. We must work to change this.
Solutions are a team effort. What are your ideas? Let us know in the comment section below.