Having been educated in the Spartanburg public school system, I know the keys to a good education are quality teachers, adequate resources, a proper teaching environment and parent participation. I support:
* Programs to recruit and retain quality teachers.
* Investing in technical training in our public schools.
* Investing in early childhood education.
* Involving local businesses in vocational and technical training.
* Giving parents more educational choices.
* Cutting bureaucracy and red tape in the Department of Education and demanding that our tax dollars be used in the classroom to support teachers and educate children.
* A zero tolerance policy against gangs, drugs, and weapons in schools.
* Increasing penalties on any school worker convicted of sexually assaulting a child.