* Supports increased State investment in affordable housing preservation and development;
* Sponsors numerous bills to increase protections for tenants including legislation to repeal Vacancy Decontrol, return control over rent regulation to New York City, reform the Major Capital Improvement System, and keep Mitchell-Lama housing affordable;
* Worked to bring City and State together to free up $400 million from Battery Park City for affordable housing that had been delayed for decades;
* Introduced legislation to eliminate illegal hotels;
* Co-founded a taskforce with City and State elected officials to work to improve the State Division of Housing and Community Renewal;
* Authored legislation creating a Co-op and Condo Ombudsman office to help co-op shareholders and condominium owners understand their rights and responsibilities and reduce the need for litigation;
* Successfully fought for legislation to improve dramatically protections for homeowners facing foreclosure.