She's Already Hijacked our Economy Through Unprecedented Government Control-- Her Desperate Re-Election Strategy is to Distract from her Record and Attack Republicans
Debbie Wasserman-Schultz knows something that she thinks is just too complicated for her constituents to understand.
It's too bad for Debbie that Vice-President Joe Biden let the cat out of the bag.
You may be wondering why Democrats who are running for re-election aren't touting all of the legislative "accomplishments' they've passed over the past two years-- from a trillion-dollar "Stimulus" Plan that has kept unemployment over nine percent for sixteen consecutive months; to a financial-regulatory "reform" that did nothing to reform Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, or end congressional manipulation of lending markets; or their crowning achievement-- ObamaCare--the federal government's takeover of our health care system and its ongoing destruction of our private health insurance system.
So why won't Democrats call attention to all of these "accomplishments' they've supposedly achieved in interests of the American people they are called to serve?
Because as Joe Biden said himself-- "it's just too hard to explain."
That's right-- Debbie Wasserman-Schultz and the Democrats in Congress think the American people are just too stupid to see the wisdom of their ways.
Debbie Wasserman-Schultz has been in charge of Congress since January 2007, and with this control she has had responsibility over the "power of the purse" -- our federal budget. Here's what her reckless spending and policies have done for you since then:
* Health insurance companies across the country are announcing that they must raise health insurance premiums substantially due to ObamaCare's mandates- forcing the average American family to allocate a bigger portion of their family budget for health care
* ObamaCare's numerous tax increases as well as its thousands of mandates will ultimately drive up the cost of every good and service we buy, The law is particularly crippling for small businesses, who are already paralyzed with uncertainty and will not risk hiring new workers or expanding their operations
* The Democrat-controlled Congress has amassed more debt in the last four years than nearly the previous 230 years combined
* National Unemployment Rate has climbed from 5.0 to 9.6 percent
* The "Real" Unemployment Rate (U6) measuring unemployed people who are actively seeking work -- skyrockets from 8.3 to 17.1 percent
* Florida's Unemployment Rate- Spikes from 3.7 to 11.7 Percent
* The Failure of the "Stimulus" Plan- approximately 3 million American jobs have been lost since the passage of the "Recovery" Act in February 2009
* The Number of Americans receiving food stamps was 41.8 million in July 2010-- up almost 10 million people since Jan. 2009
* Middle-class Americans have made their deepest spending cuts in more than two decades, slashing spending on such discretionary items as restaurant meals and alcohol during the recession
* The poorest Americans are spending more as prices increase for necessities like food and rental housing
"Debbie Wasserman-Schultz is unwilling to genuinely hold herself accountable to the voters of Congressional District 20, which is why she will not debate or defend the reckless policies she has supported that are presently holding our economic recovery hostage," said Karen Harrington, candidate for Congress in Florida's 20th Congressional District. "Debbie's agenda is opposed by a clear majority of the American people because it is ruinous to small business and job creation, two things that Debbie will only pay lip service to. All she can do at this juncture is distract voters from her clear record of her failure and caricature the very principled opposition to her reckless agenda that has failed South Florida."