I'm new to politics. I understand it's a rough game at times. But I have to tell you, I find it hard to believe the ease with which John Hall continues to lie about where I stand on the issues:
· John Hall knows I don't support a 23% tax on everything you buy, yet he continues to say it.
· John Hall knows I don't support the privatization of Social Security, yet he continues to say it.
· John Hall knows I'm no radical extremist, yet he continues to say it.
Why does he do this? It's simple, really: John Hall has nothing positive to build his campaign on.
· He won't talk about his vote for a federal takeover of health care that most of our District opposed.
· He won't talk about his vote to slash $500 billion from Medicare, an obligation to seniors we already have, just to help finance that same federal takeover of health care.
· He won't talk about his support for the $800 billion financial bailout that favored the "too big to fail" while leaving small business on the side of the road.
· He won't talk about his support of the $800 billion "stimulus" bill that stimulated nothing.
· He won't talk about his support of a Cap and Tax energy bill that will bring business investment to a halt and saddle voters in our District with vast new energy costs.
John Hall's out of touch and just plain wrong about what our District needs. His votes have harmed us, not helped us. If the election is about his record, he'll lose, so instead he lies about me.
And what do I really stand for? I stand for growing our economy and jobs. I stand for having a federal government that is only as large as it needs to be. Here's how I'll vote as your Congresswoman:
· Reduce taxes: make the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts permanent, eliminate the AMT and death tax, and lower capital gains and business/corporate taxes.
· Reduce federal spending; refuse any further "stimulus" or bailouts; shrink bureaucracies.
· Repeal/replace, the new health law with a plan that assures quality, choice, and innovation.
· Honor our obligation to seniors and veterans and securely preserve the benefits they depend on.
· Preserve and protect our Constitutional freedoms, including the entire Bill of Rights.
As you can see, you have a clear choice this November, and I appreciate your reading this. You can get more of the real story about me and my campaign at any time from our website, www.nanhayworth.com, or from our campaign headquarters at 845.520.3194.
I hope to meet you during the campaign, and I'd be honored to have your vote on November 2.
Candidate for Congress, 19th District
Republican, Conservative and Independence Parties (Rows B, C & D)