Fran Becker has moved to "Contender" status, the second step in the National Republican Congressional Committee's (NRCC) Young Guns program. NRCC Chairman Pete Sessions (R-TX) said, "Fran is part of a strong pool of candidates who are frustrated with the Democrat majority's big-government ways and aren't willing to stand by any longer. The success of his campaign has put partisan incumbent Carolyn McCarthy on notice that New Yorkers are ready to turn the page on an agenda that spends too much, borrows too much and taxes too much."
Becker, who represents the Republican, Conservative, Independence, and Tax Revolt lines, is tired of the incompetence in Washington and the misrepresentation of New York's 4th Congressional District. He states, "McCarthy has voted for Nancy Pelosi's liberal agenda 97 percent of the time. This district needs a representative who will stand up to the radical liberal tax and spend agenda of Barack Obama and Nancy Pelosi, which is killing jobs instead of creating them." Becker continues, "I am a fiscal Conservative and have solutions that will return our country to fiscal sanity and stop the current policies that are bankrupting our nation!"
Professionally, Becker is a Certified Financial Planner and owns Becker & Associates Planning Services. Becker states, "As a Certified Financial Planner, I help people plan responsible financial futures. One of the main principles of financial planning is you can't spend money that you don't have." He continues, "If elected, I will use my experience to restore fiscal responsibility in Washington."
Becker has a clear vision and plan that will help our country overcome its economic malaise. His Five Point Plan is as follows:
1. Reduce Spending to free up capital markets for private sector borrowing. This will create jobs and create an environment of economic growth and innovation. Start by eliminating so-called "stimulus programs" that create nothing sustainable.
2. Cut Taxes for New Businesses 2-5 years old. Cuts will be given as a refundable credit equal to the FICA tax on the first $50,000 of wages for all non-owner employees. This creates additional capital for survival, growth and expansion, fueling the nation's engine of economic growth.
3. Extend The Tax Cuts Set To Expire December 31, 2010 to keep the tax burden on our economy from increasing in this time of recession. If Congress fails to extend these cuts, we will face the largest tax increase in history.
4. Repeal Obamacare Tax Increases on insurance companies, businesses and individuals. Businesses will not hire new employees if forced to pay additional taxes on each new hire.
5. Free Us From Foreign Energy Dependence by adopting an "all of the above" energy policy. By increasing our production of domestic energy sources, we will create productive jobs that will stimulate other sectors of our economy.
Fran Becker is the Republican candidate for New York's 4th Congressional District. He is running against incumbent Carolyn McCarthy (D-Garden City), who has held the seat for 14 years. Fran is a business owner, an employer, and a certified financial planner. Fran has the background, experience and qualifications to get the job done in Congress.
For more information, visit www.beckerforcongress.com.