Nunnelee's Plan for Common-Sense Health Care Reform
While I agree we do need to adjust our healthcare system, government-run healthcare is not the answer. We need to make reforms that will reduce costs and ensure personal healthcare decisions are made by patients, their families and their doctors.
Here are my ideas:
· We need to repeal ObamaCare, today.
· We need common-sense, comprehensive tort reform to stop junk lawsuits and lower costs.
· Individuals and families should be able to keep the same insurance when they change jobs.
* We need to create a marketplace for insurance. Health insurance should not be restricted by state lines.
* Small businesses, self-employed individuals, and families should be able to join a group plan and enjoy the same tax advantages as corporations. Small businesses should be able to purchase coverage at similar rates as large corporations and government agencies.
* Insurance companies should not be allowed to drop individuals or families because of illness. No denying coverage for pre-existing conditions.
* Medical bills should be more transparent and easier to understand.
* Elected officials should not have special coverage.
* Health savings accounts are good opportunities for folks to save for the future. We need to repeal laws that hurt health savings accounts, like ObamaCare, and promote the savings accounts instead.
* No taxpayer-funded abortions. I championed the bill to keep this from happening in Mississippi, and I'll do the same in Washington.