My singular focus every day is on keeping and creating more good-paying jobs here in north central Indiana.
To keep jobs, I will continue to:
* Oppose trade deals that fail to protect American workers
* Close tax loopholes that make it easier to ship American jobs overseas
* Combat currency manipulation by the Chinese government that hurts American manufacturers' ability to compete
Since coming to Congress, I've fought to keep the over 21,000 auto industry jobs in our district, including the thousands of Chrysler and Delphi jobs in Kokomo. Additionally, I'm proud to represent and support the RV and manufactured housing industries, industries that are bouncing back with increased sales and are continuing to re-hire displaced workers. Also, I continue to support the efforts of AM General and the hard-working employees at their Mishawaka facility to keep production going for the top-notch Humvees that transport and protect our men and women in uniform.
To create jobs, I will continue to:
* Support tax relief for small businesses so they are able to invest in equipment and new hires
* Defend American intellectual property rights so Hoosiers' ingenuity is protected
* Promote adult education and skills training so our workforce will be able to compete in a 21st Century global economy