Today's students are the next generation of doctors, engineers, teachers, and community leaders. A quality education system has the power to enrich lives and revitalize our economy.
Investing in our schools and our students is the best economic investment we can make because it provides a solid foundation for Oklahoma's workforce for decades to come.
Unfortunately, far too many students right here in Eastern Oklahoma are attending under-funded schools that are not delivering the results we know our children need.
More than ever, the health of our economy rests on having a highly-skilled and well-educated workforce.
Improving affordability and access to education is the key to remaining strong in the face of an increasingly competitive global economy.
Recognizing this, Dan Boren has fought to improve education on many levels in Eastern Oklahoma by:
* Providing the largest college aid expansion since the GI Bill
* Protecting vital career and vocational education funding targeted for elimination
* Expanding programs that help rural and under-privileged students prepare for college
* Working on policy and funding resources to remove methamphetamine and other drugs from our schools
* Expanding the Post-9/11 GI Bill for today's soldiers returning from Iraq and Afghanistan, or for their surviving children should they be deceased