Health Care Reform
As a practicing physician for over 23 years and a Senator for the past five years, Dr. Coburn has the ability to address the health care debate with both experience and knowledge of the issue.
Patients Choice Act of 2009 S. 1099
Dr. Coburn co-authored the first health care reform bill of 2009 - the Patients Choice Act - which would cover the uninsured, allow people to keep the coverage they have, provide more choices of affordable health insurance, and rein in health care costs through the forces of choice and competition.
The key elements of the Patients Choice Act are:
* Preventing Disease and Promoting Healthier Lifestyles
* Creating Affordable and Accessible Health Insurance Options
* Equalizes the Tax Treatment of Health Care, Empowering All Americans with Real Access to Coverage
* Modernizing the Medicaid Benefit and Protecting Medicare Beneficiary Choice
* Ensuring Compensation for Injured Patients
* Establishing Transparency in Health Care Price and Quality