Norm Dicks fights for working families and our local economy
* Norm successfully fought to get the Air Force to reopen the bidding for the $50 billion air refueling tanker program. Now Boeing has a fair shot at winning the contract which will create thousands of good jobs in Washington State.
* Norm voted for the Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, which would prevent big financial companies and banks from engaging in the kinds of risky deals that led to the financial collapse and will make sure we don't ever have to bail them out again.
* Norm helped pass a credit card holders' Bill of Rights, which put an end to deceptive billing practices, unfair rate increases, and hidden fees and penalties.
* He also helped pass legislation that will make college more accessible and affordable for working families by expanding the availability of Federal college loans and reducing the cost.
* Norm helped those hit hardest by the recent economic downturn by extending unemployment benefits and offering COBRA health insurance benefits to recently laid-off workers.
* Norm has also been fighting to reduce our dependence on foreign oil and bring clean energy jobs and industries to our state.