Boosting Montana's Economy
"Montana's small businesses are the engine of Montana's economy. It's my job to keep taxes low while encouraging the development of new markets both domestically and internationally. Government doesn't create jobs. People do. Small businesses do. As Montana's Congressman, I will fight to keep our small businesses out of the regulatory cross-hairs while keeping taxes low to encourage growth through investment. In addition to the permanent extension of the tax relief of 2001 and 2003, I support a full repeal of the Death Tax so that a family business doesn't need to close the doors just to pay Uncle Sam. I will continue to help small businesses provide benefits like healthcare through Small Business Health Plans, and to ensure that Montana businesses are on a level playing field with the rest of the world."
Denny is making a difference:
* Helped reduce taxes for every Montana taxpayer with tax relief in 2001 and 2003.
o Increased the Child Tax Credit
o Removed the Marriage Penalty
o Created the 10% Tax Bracket
o Encouraged investment by reducing capital gains and dividend taxes
* Led trade missions with more than 20 companies to 9 countries around the world. These missions have resulted in more than $30 million in international sales for Montana businesses. In addition, these trade missions led to the creation of Enterprise Montana, a public-private partnership of groups to promote Montana business exports.
* Secured funding for vital infrastructure projects across the state that will bolster economic opportunities such as:
o North Central/Rocky Boy's Regional Water Project
o Fort Peck/Dry Prairie Rural Water
o Highway 323 from Ekalaka to Alzada
o City of Conrad Wastewater Treatment Facility Improvements
* Voted to increase the Federal Minimum Wage that included tax relief for Montana's small businesses
* Led the fight to continue funding Essential Air Service and Amtrak, two vital transportation programs for rural Montana