What Hank has done:
* As Southeast Regional Whip, helped lead passage of President Obama's historic health care reform legislation.
* As Chairman of the Competition Policy Subcommittee, coauthoried provisions of the health care reform legislation in the House of Representatives that removed the insurance industry's immunity to anti-trust regulation.
* Aggressively defended Georgia's critical PeachCare children's healthcare program.
* Voted for the successful bill which directs the federal government to negotiate lower Medicare drug prices with pharmaceutical companies.
What Hank will do:
* Ensure that the health care reform legislation is implemented such that it protects consumers and empowers ordinary Americans seeking affordable health insurance.
* Continue to pursue additional funds for Georgia's critical PeachCare program.
* Continue to support a public option to counter insurance industry price gouging.
* Continue to support legislative efforts to combat threats to public health worldwide.
* Continue to support investment in health care research.