What Hank has done:
* Delivered over $200 million of federal investement in Fourth District job creation since January 2009, including $98 million to save over 1,000 teaching jobs in DeKalb, Rockdale, and Gwinnett counties.
* Secured funds for road projects on Covington Highway, South & North Hairston Road, Sigman Road, Chamblee-Dunwoody Road, Briarcliff Road, and Shallowford Road.
* Secured funds to train EMTs at DeKalb Technical college, funds to train the chronically unemployed for clean energy jobs at Goodwill Industries of North Georgia, hundreds of thousands of dollars for MARTA, funds for Suniva Inc. to hire additional workers at their Norcross solar panel plant, funds to hire more firefighters for DeKalb County -- just to name a few!
* Voted against the Wall Street bailout.
* Voted for President Obama's Recovery Act, or stimulus package, which cut taxes for 95% of working families.
* Cosponsored the Summer Jobs Act, which passed the House and would create 1,000 summer jobs for Fourth District youths and ease lending to small businesses. Hank recently joined White House officials and Congressional Black Caucus Chairwoman Barbara Lee to urge Senate passage of the bill.
* Voted for and offered a succesful amendment to legislation to reform regulation of Wall Street. It passed the House of Representatives.
* Cosponsored the successful legislation that raised the minimum wage to $7.25.
* Voted for the Employee Free Choice Act, which would crack down on union busting, provide mediation and arbitration for contract disputes, and ease the union forming process.
* Introduced the Mobile Workforce State Income Tax Fairness and Simplification Act to ensure that Americans who work in multiple places are not taxed by more than one state or local jurisdiction.
* Voted against the Peru Free Trade Act and the Columbia Free Trade Act which would put more Americans out of work during a time of economic hardship.
* Supported trade adjustment assistance to Americans who become unemployed due to shifting global trade patterns.
What Hank will do:
* Continue to support investment in job creation for working Americans and the chronically underemployed.
* Support continued extension of unemployment insurance while unemployment remains high.
* Continue to call for Congress to respond to the severe deprivations of America's poorest people, especially during this period of economic difficulty.
* Continue to protect American workers as they seek to level the playing field in their bargaining with employers.
* Support tax relief for middle class households.
* Call for smarter regulation of a financial system that has become too corrupt and complex.