Ann McLane Kuster believes that Washington's approached to immigration is broken. Illegal immigration is hurting our country, but legal immigration is part of what has made America great for hundreds of years.
Annie believes that smart immigration reform will improve our economy, our homeland security and the lives of all Americans.
* To work, Annie believes that immigration reform must focus on (1) protecting our borders, (2) strengthening our enforcement of existing immigration and (3) bringing illegal immigrants out of the shadows of our society.
* Annie supports a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants that includes:
* Fair fines (including back taxes)
* A requirement to go to the back of the line for legal status
* Rewards those who work hard, obey the law and love our country
* At the same time, Annie believes we need to crack down on employers who exploit illegal immigrants in order to lower their labor costs, a practice that's unsafe and artificially lowers labor costs.