Re-evaluating School Funding Models
If good education were a matter of spending, Wyoming would have the best educated students in America. Focusing on the classroom, together we can rebuild an educational system second to none. I commit that with every decision and with every expenditure, I will ask, "How will this benefit the teachers and students in the classroom?" We must continually and actively reflect, "Is this in the best interest of our children?"
I believe and will
- Support a funding model that focuses dollars closest to the
student, in the classroom.
- Support a model that includes teachers in the decision making
- Support funding where it is working. The Superintendent of Public
Instruction should celebrate individual success, rather than
- Removing programs and/or facilities that work, because a formula
- The one size fits all approach for funding Wyoming's schools.
Students don't look alike, neither should our schools.