As Comptroller, I have a record of keeping the costs of the state's plan down in order to save tax dollars, and I will bring that experience to the governor's office.
Dan and I will be focused not only on how to reduce state spending on health care, but on making every dollar that we do spend count, including:
* Changing the state's fiscal focus from paying high costs of advanced preventable illness to prevention, early detection and treatment;
* Pushing for comprehensive pooling bill;
* Forming strategic partnerships with community health centers;
* Expanding HUSKY Primary Care to 400,000 low income children and parents;
* Working with congressional delegation to get fair share of Medicaid and Medicare dollars;
* Properly funding nursing homes to cover the actual costs of providing care;
* Make mental health care a priority.