My top priorities:
- Continue to monitor sales price disclosure legislation that passed last session and will be provided through an agreement with the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) and the county;
- Monitor, assist and introduce legislation where necessary for energy planning for the future of Idaho which includes improved transmission, additional conservation measures, more alternative forms of energy, more demand management;
- Provide increased emphasis on education, both k-12 and higher ed and professional technical training with a view to keep our children competitive and make our state attractive to businesses with high paying jobs and benefits;
- Provide continued support of job creation/economic development by supporting funding and working with the Department of Commerce; support increased focus on energy jobs using our abundant natural resources as drivers - for example wind, solar, biomass;
- Maintain funding for k-12 education while supporting accountability and capacity building; provide support for early childhood education and child care standards including background checks.
- Focus on solutions to water issues in our district and state.
- Support decreasing the cost of healthcare to businesses, government and individuals by supporting prevention, savings, and efficiency strategies and a larger pool for businesses to buy into
- Contined support of open government and transparency in decision-making.
- Creating a balanced approach to increased funding for Idaho's roads inclouding a small increase in fueltaxes and registrations as well as local option authority for transportation and roads and bridges.