1. I recognize that South Dakota continues to make strides in health care. I support the concept that individual states should develop and control their own health care plans as determined by local needs.
2. I support and encourage a working relationship between government, health-related organizations, faith-based organizations and individuals to address the quality, access and affordability of health care, including pharmaceuticals, especially in rural areas of South Dakota.
3. I support preventive strategies, including abstinence-based education, designed to avert health problems through education where those strategies reinforce values taught in the home.
4. I affirm a commitment to addressing the needs of our citizens who are physically and/or mentally unable to care for themselves.
5. I recognize parents as the primary childcare givers. I support quality, private childcare when this service is necessary.