- A good job is the foundation of a strong family, a strong community, and a strong country. We must keep working to create and keep good-paying jobs here in Kentucky.
- A lifetime of work earns you a retirement of dignity and we should not compromise our country's social security program in the name of reform.
- We need to work from a balanced budget and not continue to borrow from other countries and from our children's future.
- Every Kentuckian should have access to affordable health care. It is wrong that we remain the only industrialized nation in the world that does not assure health care for all of its citizens, particularly our children.
- The path to a better future goes directly through our schools and I pledge to continue building on excellence in education for students who will be attending college and work towards developing more vocational classes for those students who will enter the job market after graduation from high school.
- We must always stay committed to our men and women in uniform. As they work together to protect us, we must work together to secure a better future for them and their families. Our pride and prayers are with them.
- Kentucky must work towards gains in energy independence. We must promote local and domestic sources of renewable energy which combat harmful changes to our climate.
- Every single Kentuckian has a voice which should be heard in the halls of power every day. Most importantly it ought to be heard by guaranteeing an open and fair vote on Election Day.
- In working together for a stronger community and a better Kentucky. As Thomas Jefferson said, "Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle." The voters deserve a government that works toward the greater good for all of Kentucky and not just a select few. Elected officials should give them no less.