High taxes stifle our nation's economy, punish hard work and success, and leads to a burgeoning government that encroaches upon on our freedoms. Tax relief should be a priority, and the model of lower taxes to spur the individual entrepreneurial spirit advocated by President Reagan is what I would champion in Congress.
What Dan would do...
* All tax increases should be off the table, especially as families and small businesses struggle to make ends meet.
* We need to help hard-working families by expanding the per child tax credit from $1000 to $3000.
* Weed out the complication in today's federal tax code so it is simpler and fairer. All ideas about overhauling the tax code should all be on the table.
* Permanently fix the Alternative Minimum Tax that impacts the middle-class.
* Address the pending return of the Death Tax to 2001 levels, to ensure that small businesses and family farms are not crippled by the death of a family member.