American farmers feed the world and serve as the lifeblood of our rural communities.
I grew up on our family's farm near Coon Valley and worked in agri-business for 25 years. Farming is a way of life that we can be proud of, but today's economy has made it especially challenging for farmers to be profitable.
Opening up markets globally and ensuring fair competition will help our region prosper. Likewise, Congress needs to not add to the economic pressures facing farmers.
Energy is one of the most critical components to our agricultural economy, and burdensome regulations that escalate energy costs could have dire effect of farmers. We need an energy plan that utilizes our resources that are available right here in Wisconsin.
What Dan would do...
* Reject Cap and Trade proposals that target farmers.
* Fight to end federal policies that unfairly target Wisconsin farmers.
* Seek to expand markets for our farmers oversees and ensure they can compete on a level playing field.
* Vote to reject milk pricing laws that unfairly target our milk producers simply due to their geographic location.
* Expand agricultural markets domestically for alternative fuels and biomass.
* Vote to end the Death Tax, which penalizes farm families.