"Too often politicians forget whose money they are spending. There is no such thing as government money. It is the taxpayers' money. For far too long taxpayers have worked to pay the government and it is time that government started working for taxpayers." -- Rick Scott
* Florida families are forced to balance their budgets and curb their spending and government should do the same. Politicians have failed us for far too long. Florida needs an outsider who is not part of the political establishment to put our house in order. Taxpayers need a businessman who knows how to create jobs, cut costs and balance budgets.
* Rick is a successful businessman who has a record of balancing budgets, cutting costs and creating jobs in Florida. He will run our state government more like a business.
* Rick believes in limited government and low taxes and he will govern based on those principles.
* Rick believes that the government should treat your money as if it is their own not a slush fund for their pet projects and special interests.
* Rick believes that the government should live within its means just as Florida businesses and families do. He will institute Accountability Budgeting and make state government accountable for every taxpayer penny they spend.