Today, Rep. Ben Ray Luján applauded the Administration's announcement of the Patient's Bill of Rights, which follows the implementation guidelines of the health insurance reform legislation passed 90 days ago. The Patient's Bill of Rights protects your choice of doctors, stops insurance companies from arbitrarily dropping people when they get sick, and prohibits insurance companies from denying children with pre-existing conditions.
"For too long insurance companies have taken advantage of people and made it more difficult for them to get the care that they need," said Rep. Luján. "Health insurance reform legislation included some of the strongest consumer protections in history, and today's guidelines will help end some of the worst health insurance industry practices."
The Patient's Bill of Rights:
* Protects your choice of doctor
* Stops insurance companies from arbitrarily dropping people when they get sick
* Prohibits insurance companies from denying children with pre-existing conditions
* Restricting the annual dollar limits on insurance coverage
* Ends lifetime limits on insurance coverage