We have the best medical care available in the world but it costs too much, is cumbersome to deal with at times, and leaves out some people. We need sensible incremental reform that will make healthcare insurance more affordable and more available. The last thing we need is a government run socialistic healthcare system like the one passed by Obama, Pelosi, and Reid .and supported by incumbent Congressman Sanford Bishop!
We need changes that move the power to the patient and the doctor, not the bureaucrat and the politician.
The kind of reforms I want to see include:
* The ability to buy health insurance across state lines to increase competition and drive down costs;
* Full deductibility of health care costs for individuals, not just corporations;
* Improving pooling for small businesses and high risk individuals;
* Tort reform that will discourage frivolous lawsuits and drive down the cost of medical malpractice insurance;
* Portability or the ability to carry your health insurance from one job to another.
When we move the ownership of healthcare insurance from "third parties" to individuals, you will see the market making plans more affordable with higher benefits but without high-handed federal mandates.