Pennsylvania must always work to create a vibrant, forward-thinking economy. Eugene believes in giving businesses a strong environment in which to grow and create jobs.
* Creating green jobs. Eugene's Alternative Energy Investment Act is already helping to create thousands of jobs across the state and making Pennsylvania a national leader in alternative energy jobs. Eugene will continue to make sure the commonwealth continues to invest in clean energy and green jobs.
* Attracting businesses to Pennsylvania. The state currently has the highest corporate net income tax in the country. Eugene proposes cutting the tax while closing special interest loopholes in the tax. This will level the playing field for all businesses and make Pennsylvania a more attractive place to locate a business.
* Provide incentives for job creation. Eugene supports a Job Creation Tax Program that will give tax credits to businesses who create new jobs.
* Help small businesses grow. Eugene supports eliminating the current cap on the net operating loss in order to give small businesses the confidence to make new investments that will create jobs and spur growth and expansion.
* Prepare Pennsylvania's workforce for the future. As the global economy shifts to an emphasis on new, emerging sectors, Pennsylvania needs to maintain a cutting-edge workforce. Eugene believes the state needs to double its efforts to achieve this by investing more in technical school training, and community colleges.