In tough economic times like these, we need to continue to send a leader to Harrisburg who will make sure the needs and concerns of our families are being addressed. That person is Stewart Greenleaf.
Stewart is working every day to find common sense solutions that reduce the tax burden on Pennsylvania's working families, small businesses and homeowners.
* Opposed Governor Rendell's big-spending, big-taxing 2009-2010 budget, offering an alternative plan that would have controlled spending and protected taxpayers.
* Supports a Taxpayers' Bill of Rights that will limit state spending every year.
* Successfully passed legislation giving taxpayers a stronger voice in the school spending decisions that most affect rising property taxes.
* Force the state to keep its promise and use gaming revenues to provide property tax relief to homeowners.
* Pushing to reinvest in the Rainy Day Fund to help prevent tax increases in future times of economic downturn.
* Supported initiatives to reduce the state mandates that drive up our local taxes.
* Worked to create a new law that will provide real property tax relief to seniors across Pennsylvania.
* Expanded the Property Tax & Rent Rebate Program to help more than a quarter-million additional Pennsylvanians.