Women must have control over their own bodies and lives and be able to support their families, raise their children, and lead fulfilling lives.
* Women should have full reproductive rights, that is, the right to choose whether or not to have children. and the right to raise children in safety, dignity and health.
* Women should have the right to choose abortion, including those who receive medical assistance from the government. (We must repeal the Hyde Amendment.)
* The government should make contraceptive materials affordable and accessible to all.
* If women are to be able raise children in safety, dignity, and health, then we must raise the minimum wage to a living wage.
* We need to ensure a guaranteed income for all families, including married/partnered families and women-headed families.
* We need paid parenting leave for mothers/fathers during the child's first year of life, such as exists in some other countries.
* We must expand public schooling to include quality, full-time childcare from age two to five.
* While protecting women workers' and all workers' jobs security, wages, and benefits, we must also create work/family plans that permit flexibility to working parents.