My priorities in office will be:
1. The safety and health of the people living and working near oil wells and pipelines.
2. The safety and preservation of ground and surface water. The only thing I can see that will be more important than oil and gas for the future of Texas is water.
3. Making sure all regulations adopted are cost efficient to burden the private sector the least amount necessary to accomplish the needed safety objectives.
4. Providing a strong voice for Texas energy. The Obama administration through its cap and trade energy tax, other tax proposals and regulatory proposals has effectively declared war on the Texas oil and gas industry. I want to fight back.
5. I want to make sure all Texans understand the importance of plentiful economical energy to the future of Texas. I support all forms of energy development, but know that for the near future the oil and gas industry will provide the largest share of our energy needs as well as jobs for hundreds of thousands of Texans and billions of tax dollars for our local and state governments.