NEED FOR COMPREHENSIVE IMMIGRATION REFORM -- (Extensions of Remarks - September 28, 2008)
HON. JOE BACA
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 27, 2008
* Mr. BACA. Madam Speaker, Americans continue to work hard in these tough economic times.
* As in the past, today's immigrants supply the limitless stream of ability, hard work, and innovation that improve the economic life of our nation.
* Like the immigrant founders of this country, today's immigrants improve the economic life of America.
* Immigrants also provide the amazing diversity that makes America what it is, what makes us unique among all the nations in the world.
* However, we must remember that injustice for any person leads to injustice for all. If there are people without rights, it puts us all at risk.
* Denying justice and human rights to any group of people is Un-American.
* I urge my colleagues to support comprehensive immigration reform and fix this broken immigration system.