* Supported the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, which was signed into law by President Obama in February 2009. The Recovery Act has already begun to jumpstart our economy, create and save 3.5 million jobs, give 95 percent of American workers a tax cut and begin to rebuild America's road, rail and water infrastructure with unprecedented accountability measures and a historic degree of transparency.
* Supported tax breaks, market enhancements and strong lending programs for small businesses in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, which will help foster job creation, restart lending, and invest in the American Dream. Small businesses are the heart of the American economy, employing half our country's workers and creating the most new jobs every year.
* Supported legislation that strengthened oversight of the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP). The legislation expanded the authority of the TARP Special Inspector General to help ensure that taxpayers' funds are effectively used to get credit flowing to businesses and families.
* Supported the Fiscal Year 2010 Budget, which reflects President Obama's plan to get the economy moving again by cutting taxes for middle-income families by $1.5 trillion and creating jobs with targeted investments in healthcare, clean energy and education, while cutting the deficit by nearly two-thirds by 2013.
* Supported the Fight Fraud Act, which was signed into law in May 2009. The legislation provides tools for prosecuting the mortgage scams and corporate frauds that contributed to the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression. The law also creates an outside commission to examine its causes.
* Supported the Credit Card Holders' Bill of Rights, which was signed into law in May 2009. The law provides tough new protections for consumers by banning unfair rate increases, abusive fees and penalties - such as retroactive rate hikes on existing balances and double-cycling billing - giving consumers clear information and strengthening enforcement.
* Supported legislation that prohibits unreasonable or excessive compensation and non-performance based bonuses for executives at companies receiving TARP funds, in order to stabilize our financial system.