* Brad Sherman will fight Republican efforts to eliminate environmental protections.
* Brad Sherman will fight to maintain our current Clean Air and Clean Water standards.
* Congressman Sherman worked to obtain $2.5 million to be included in the Fiscal Year 2003 Appropriations Bill for land acquisition for the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area. With the success of this effort, Brad will have obtained over $20 million in federal appropriations for the Santa Monica Mountains since his first election to Congress in 1996.
* Along with Congressman Schiff, Brad Sherman introduced the Rim of the Valley Corridor Study Act (H.R.2715), which would direct the Department of the Interior to conduct a study designed to move toward expanding the Santa Monica Mountains National Park to include the areas on the northern rim of the San Fernando Valley and areas just north of Burbank.
* Brad Sherman has consistently earned a 100% voting rating from the Sierra Club and he is also endorsed by the California League of Conservation Voters.
* Congressman Sherman co-sponsored the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge Act (H.R.770), which would designate lands within the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge as wilderness and prevent oil drilling.
* Brad Sherman has consistently opposed the huge Ahmanson Ranch development which would despoil the Santa Monica Mountains and dump 45,000 additional vehicle trips onto Valley freeways and roads.
* Brad Sherman has been a leading advocate to end tax breaks for off-shore drilling.
* Congressman Sherman co-sponsored the National Forest Roadless Area Conservation Act which would protect our nation's forest areas from development. This bill would reinforce the Roadless Rule, adopted by the Clinton Administration in late 2000, that provided protection for 58.8 million acres of National Forests and Grasslands from road construction and logging.