We must honor the sacrifices of our brave men and women in the armed forces. As the wife of a veteran and the step-mother of two military personnel, I know the importance of making sure our troops have what they need when they come home.
* I co-sponsored the Post 9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act, this will augment the amount of educational resources available to all military personnel who have been on active duty since September 11, 2001.
* I voted for the Veterans Benefits Improvement Act which would provide housing assistance for disabled veterans.
* I supported the Dignified Treatment of Wounded Warriors Act to improve the care process, increase the responsiveness of services for dependents and have greater accessibility of care for veterans.
* I voted for the Veterans Outreach Improvement Act to make certain that our veterans have access to the services they need.
* I voted for the Joshua Omvig Veterans Suicide Prevention Act which will assist veterans that suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
* I voted for the Veterans' Health Care Improvement Act which allows the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to make grants to nonprofits to conduct programs to benefit the rehabilitation of our veterans.
* I worked to secure passage of the Defenders of Freedom Tax Relief Act which allows changes in the Internal Revenue Code to allow for tax relief to members of the Armed Services.