STENDER STILL SILENT REGARDING RANGEL SCANDAL
Today Lance for Congress called on Congressional candidate Linda Stender to return the over $20,000 in campaign donations that she has received from Rep. Charlie Rangel in light of the corruption allegations reported in the New York Times last week. See the below editorial from Saturday's New York Times: Mr. Rangel's Very Good Deal.
"This is absolutely disgraceful. Rent stabilized housing is intended to provide residences to middle class and low income families and seniors who otherwise would be unable to afford to remain in the city - not as perks for wealthy politicians," said Leonard Lance. "We hope that Assemblywoman Stender would agree with the New York Times, which called Rangel's behavior inexplicable," concluded Lance.
"Last week Linda Stender refused to comment on the scandal and as to whether she would cancel her participation at Rangel's upcoming fundraiser. Now days later Stender has remained silent. We call on Linda Stender to speak out against this shocking behavior, cancel the upcoming fundraiser and immediately return the over $20,000 she already received from Rangel," said Lance Campaign Manager Amanda Woloshen.