Bob believes that all children have the right to breathe clean air, drink clean water and live in a clean environment! He is also committed to protecting our nation's natural treasures - from California to Alaska and across the country - for future generations.
Bob is committed to developing a 21st Century energy policy that will help combat global warming, air pollution and other environmental threats.
As "California's Border Congressman," Bob is fighting for environmental policies that address the unique challenges in border communities. That means fighting to:
* Clean up Mexican sewage flowing into our communities through the New River, the Tijuana River Valley and other waterways
* Deliver federal financial assistance for combating bi-national pollution
* Ensure that our water is not polluted from radioactive waste that could enter our drinking water two states away
* Strengthening the nation's air pollution emissions laws to bring the rest of the country in line with California's existing cap-and-trade laws
* Provide the same environmental protection for neighbors of military bases that the rest of our community enjoys
* Require power plants in the border region to comply with all clean air requirements
* Foster more effective cooperation between the U.S. government, Mexico and local leaders